Replacing Belmont bridge is a community priority. While there’s a sense of urgency, there’s also an understanding of importance. The new bridge will need to accommodate the changing needs of our community, integrate with downtown and surrounding neighborhoods, and add lasting value to the City’s visual appeal. The current preliminary design is based on a successful public engagement process that has benefited from the involvement of the public, stakeholder groups, the project’s Steering and Technical Committees and all of you. Understanding community values and expectations as well as functional requirements has informed the current preliminary design for the NEW Belmont Bridge. Yet we still eagerly need your input!
News and Updates
- Re-open access point or driveway entrance to Champion Brewing Company on South Street on Parcel 003;
- Add a bicycle ramp on corner of Levy Avenue and Monticello Road to create a connection between the neighborhood street and shared use path; and
- Creation of a pedestrian path that connects the pedestrian tunnel to new public, offstreet parking spaces to Old Avon Street (south of Avon/9th Street).
Upcoming: Board of Architectural Review Certificate of Appropriateness Request & Presentation Announced Winter 2018/19
To date, outreach has generated 2,500+ touch points with the community, 30,000+ individual data points, and 1,000+ written comments. Click on the links below to read the summaries. For more information about all the workshops and committee meetings, check out the Resources page.
- Design Public Hearing
- Open House summary (PDF)
- Design Charrette summary (PDF)
- Mobility Summit summary (PDF)
- MetroQuest summary (PDF)